Aug 19, 2013

Survived first transfer!


I am staying in Elgin! woo! the work is starting to pick up and we have a lot of appointments for this week! also we have a lot of fun activities and like setting up booths at Indian Fairs and stuff! ya crazy! I'll tell you more when it happens yo!
 
Ok so last week this crazy dude (investigator currently dropped) was texting our missionary phone and asking us really good and deep questions about the gospel and then all of sudden he would change subject and ask for my first name. no dude haha and then he would ask a good question about the book of Mormon and then ask for my first name again....well I wasn't texting because I was creeped out and so sister Johnson had the phone! So this was like two weeks ago and we go to his aunts house (another investigator) and the lesson is just great and then she starts talking about Brandon (creepy dude) and how they got in a fist fight the other day with stabbing involved....ok not cool! we haven't seen this guy since so that is a good thing but he lives right down the street from us! a little scary!
 
ok crazy story of the week over...this Aunt is named Ardicia and basically she is the coolest woman in the world and she can fight like none other even though she is like 50! haha she can hold her own. you go girl. haha but we teach her and she loves it! she loves Jesus! that is the best part is that she just is trying to do all that she can to live her life the way that He wants. Cool lady. super funny and every time we come over she stands at the door and says "I don't want no cookies" haha what a gal!
 
Sister Johnson is staying too! by the way! shes cool and makes good fry bread. I love fry bread. I will become pro at making it and then I will come home a practically be indian. plus we are going bowling today so I will become pro at that too and be able to spin the ball like the pros. goal for this transfer-become pro at bowling... just kidding!
 
Well I love you all and I hope you have a good week!
 
Love, Alisha
From their trip to the Oklahoma City Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment