Oct 21, 2013

"I want my life to be as clean as Earff right after rain"


Hello!!
 
This week was great and crazy! haha lets start off with the fact that it rained like crazy and we didn't have the car so we were walking around in the rain for dayzz. haha When we started off it wasn't raining bad at all and so it was kind of nice not to be sweaty and nasty! So we went and checked on Patty and she is working on something for court so we didn't stay long but we did pick up her recycling just to help her out and lighten her stress load. Well when we were leaving we thought we knew where we could take these bags but then we were wrong and we ended up walking around looking for a place in the pouring rain! haha we looked real good if you ask me! #bagladiesforlife. Well we thought goodwill would know where we could donate the bottles but we were wrong. I went inside to ask while Sister Holbrook waited outside with the bags, she said that she got a lot of weird looks and one lady offered her a ride! haha mission life is the best. We eventually called a member and they offered to take it for us! We were soaked. We later went to a baptism and we were still dripping wet. An 8 year boy was getting baptized and we had Loki (a little boy we are teaching) come and see how a baptism works! It was really great! After the baptism there was a musical number by two little 6 year olds and it was a boy and a girl! Just the cutest thing ever but they were singing "When I am Baptized" and they repeated "I want my life to be as clean as Earff right after rain" about 5 times in a row and their families were trying to help them out with the next line and it was just so funny! aahhh how cute and it applied for how that day went because boy did it rain a lot!
 
We are also teaching another little boy named Skylar. He is nine and we were going over the Doctrine of Christ with him. It was a great lesson and he was being great but his younger brother was going crazy and at one point we were talking about the sacrament and he was wrapped in blanket hiding from us and as soon as we said "Sacrament" he growled the word "Sacrifice" oh boy I was trying so hard not to laugh but it was just too funny! CHILDREN! (that story is for you Erika) He also calls the Book of Mormon, The Book of Norman. haha close bud!
 
One thing that really stuck out to me this week was when we were driving in the car back from the baptism. So we were freezing and all I wanted to do was go home. I thought about what I would do if I were in this situation back home and how I would go home, shower, put sweats on, and watch a movie with some hot chocolate. So I was kind of homesick for a second but then a thought came to me that I was looking for comfort in TV and Facebook and all that kind of stuff and then it hit me. We can't take that stuff to Heaven. Well duh right? But honestly whenever I was upset or sad or just needed a break I would go to that kind of stuff almost to waste my time and make me not have to think for myself. Well that is not going to fly in Heaven! That stuff won't be there. We will have people we love there and that will be the best and enough. So bottom line I am thankful that I am on a mission and I have realized what I need to seek out. Jacob 2:18 "but before ye seek for riches (things of the world), seek ye for the kingdom of God"
 
So that is my challange for you for the week! What can ye seek out that you can take to Heaven? Find it. Those things are the most important :)
 
I love you all! have a great week!
 
P.S. Shout out to Miss Rachel Steele:) Happy birthday yesterday Rach:) 20!!

No comments:

Post a Comment