Feb 17, 2014

Happy Presidents Day!!

I guess here in Oklahoma they care about MLK day but they dont give a hoot about Presidents Day....Merica. (She said this because the library was open as usual today for her to get online, but it was closed on Martin Luther King Day)
 
We went to the temple this week and we had the chance to watch the newest film! I have never felt the spirit so strong in the temple. There were parts that just really stood out to me in the film and how things were portrayed. Thank goodness for new films! haha I am so grateful that we got to go! But now we have to wait another 6 months to go again! haha dangit!
 
The weather has been super nice this week so we have done a lot of walking! People like to honk at us and yell stuff at us and honestly it makes my day even when it is not nice! haha but the best part is one day we were walking and we were pretty far away from home and then Sister Tutasi told me that she needed to go to the bathroom...well I didn't know what to do because there were no members close and she refused to go in the construction workers port-o-potty! haha so good thing the elders came and saved the day with the car and took us home! haha she is great! she won't ever know that I told you all and that is the best part! haha
 
Church yesterday was really great the Torres family came and the speakers did a wonderful job. They spoke a lot about how we need to have strong families and the importance of raising children in the gospel. I think that is so true because the world is getting scarier and scarier and I didn't realize it before I came out on my mission. I am grateful for the gospel and the peace it brings!
 
I love you all, have a great week!
 
Love, Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment