Apr 7, 2014

Rolling into April in Moore, Oklahoma

HELLO!
 
Conference was so great! I have to say that Saturday morning session was so great! And a few shout outs to Oklahoma just added to it! The Sorrel family that Elder Rasband talked about is in our ward and even in our area! I have personally knocked on their door a few times....hahah
 
Ok my favorite talk was Russell M. Nelson's. I thought that is was so powerful and it is a subject that I have been thinking about a lot as a missionary. He spoke about how sometimes we separate our lives into different categories such as work, religion, sports, etc. I mean if you had a strong belief in something wouldn't that be a part of your character? It should be and that is what I got from his talk. I think that some times we care so much about what others think about us that it affects the way we act or the things we say. It reminds me of wicked King Noah and Abinadi; King Noah was going to let Abinadi go!! But the influence of the high priests rekindled Noah's anger and that influenced his eternal salvation! And he suffered death by fire because of the influence of the high priests. Then it made me think of Linda S. Reeves talk (powerful) about how the greatest filter we can have is conversion. Personal conversion, not conversion in others. When we have a strong foundation ourselves, then no one can influence us. All my thoughts in a letter is hard for me to do! haha I hope that you know that I loved conference.
 
I love you all and I hope that you have a great week:)
peace and blessings
Ethan got to experience a tornado before me. its fine.
 
Love, Alisha

Also, please pray for our investigators. We've got a family scheduled for baptism and they could use your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment