Sep 9, 2013

Blazin'


Hey peeps
This week was great and really we got work done! (say that as gangster if you can because that is the way I intended it to be read!) We were able to visit almost all of our less-actives (that is a lot) because we spent l3 hours one day just making bread that we could take to them! I mean it was a success! what a week!
We were able to visit with Ardecia twice this week and that was great! the first time she brought 3 other people to the lesson! I mean come on! how much cooler can she get! am I right? so that lesson was a bit crazy because we were just trying to get to know all of them and they are all so funny so it wasn't all on topic! haha but one ended up living in another area and we get to teach the other two! one is named Amanda and the other is Jennifer. Amanda is a family friend and Jennifer is Ardecia's daughter. wonderful ladies!
The second time we were visiting with Ardecia things weren't all that good. We showed up the same time as a cop showed up and we didn't know what was going on. We knocked on her door and she was crying. her husband (he wont let her divorce him) is threatening to burn down her house and kill her and stuff. i mean this lady is tough and she doesn't take crap from anyone but it was sad to see her like this and what can we do? nothing. the cops in Elgin are super chill and they have dealt with her husband before but they aren't very good at enforcing the restraining order. Its tough and we just shared a spiritual thought with her and prayed with her and then let her take care of her stuff. I love her and it is so sad that she has to go through all of that stuff, but God has a plan for everyone. We are going to go visit her again on Tuesday.
This week a crazy cricket got into our house. The way I found out was because in the middle of the night I would hear it chirping...oh it drove me crazy! i cant even tell ya. so I didn't get a lot of sleep this week and then one night I found it and you better believe I made it think twice about coming into our apartment...haha I  smashed him real good.  
Well that was my week! we got a lot done and we did it while it was over 100 degrees outside! holla holla we be balla missionaries.
Love, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment