Nov 4, 2013

November in Oklahoma


Everybody!
 
This week started off a little rough for me but I am doing better! thank goodness! We went on exchanges with the Hermanas and we had a lesson all in spanish! Ya and guess what?! those three years of spanish helped a sister out! I understood the whole lesson (not every word) but I knew what the point of the lesson was on and I even read in spanish. Holla holla haha it was very cool and I know that the spirit was helping me because there is no other way I would have kept up! I didn't speak at all but I could understand! In this lesson the father was reading and oh my goodness he is hispanic with these brilliant blue eyes. I remebered that eyes in spanish are ojos and blue is azul but ya that would look real good for me to just blurt out "azul ojos!!" so good thing I held my tongue haha real classy Sister Nielsen.
 
We went on a church exchange this week! so great! we went to the seventh day adventist church and the worship the Sabbath on Saturday. We went with the Bakers and it was just so great! Their service is not too crazy compared to some other churches around here! haha but after the service Bro. Baker was so grateful that we came! He kept telling us and then he would ask us questions about the differneces between our two services. There isn't much but he was just so happy that we were willing to come. And then he came to church with us yesterday and he loved it! yess! And then he told his friend (bro.vanduzer, member of the bishopric) that he would be back. He has been looking for this for a long time and it is just so great to see:) I am so grateful that I can see someone else's enthusiasum for the Gospel:) and I am grateful that my grumbly beast of a stomach didn't distract him from feeling the spirit (thank you fast sunday!) haha
 
Well everyone! I love you and I hope that you have a great week:)
 
Love, Sister Nielsen
 
P.S.- I am having a baby.....I am training next transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment