Nov 11, 2013

T-R-A-N-S-F-E-R-S

We got transfer calls last night and Sister Holbrook is going to Texas!! Lucky girl! haha I love it down there! But I am so excited because I get to be in a trio with Sister Petersen!! One of my MTC companions and boy do I love her to death! I am so excited to serve with her! So it will be the both of us and a new companion from the MTC! I am very excited for this upcoming transfer!
This week we were able to meet with the Bakers and it was a great lesson. We taught about the Restoration and then talked about baptism and Brother Baker agreed to be baptized when he got his answer! Oh he is just a great man and we think that he has been looking for this for a long time! We will be going back to teach him again later this week with my new companions and I am very excited about that!
The other day we were driving down the road and the Elders were in the back seat, they were going on exchanges so we had a new elder with us. His name is Elder Carter and he came out the transfer after me. But anywho, we were driving down the road and I put some white tic tacs in my mouth. My new favorite thing to do is make these tiny tic tacs look like my teeth and it is just great! Some times I get it real good and it looks like I have these razor teeth and it is the best. Well I showed the Elders and they thought I was crazy...haha never doing that again... I will continue to make baby razor teeth by my self! haha you all should try it. it is the best.
I read probably the best talk written known to man. It is called "His Grace is Sufficent" by Brad Wilcox. Oh goodness it blew my mind and I just love some of the things that he says in there. He talks about the Atonement and how Jesus already paid the price for our sins. But through grace we can change and become more like our Father in Heaven and Jesus Chirst. One part that I loved is when he Quotes "no unclean thing can dwell within the presence of God" and then he states "but no unchanged thing will even want to." He compares the Atonement to piano lessons and how mom pays for piano lessons and the child practices to show thanks, but their practicing does not pay the debt that the piano lessons cost. This is like the Atonement because we can't pay back the debt but we can be grateful and have faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. This talk is wonderful! you all should read it:) sorry I am not super good at telling you how much I love it! haha but just take my word for it:)
I love you all and I hope you have a splendid week:)
Love, Sister Nielsen

Sister Nielsen and Sister Holbrook at the Oklahoma City Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment