Nov 25, 2013

I sneezed and it snowed... so they canceled church.

Family!
 
Yesterday was weird. There was probably a total of 10 flakes of snow on the ground and they canceled church because they said that the people here don't know how to drive. Bless them. But all of the churches in oklahoma city were canceled due to the weather. haha just grand! And our cars were also grounded so we spent the day inside!! We had our studies and then we cleaned up a little bit and I read Jesus the Christ (I LOVE THAT BOOK) and we just chilled. I mean what do ya do? So we also walked around a little bit before our noses froze off:)
 
Oh goodness! Let me just tell you the stupid thing I did this last Friday. We had a general authority come and speak to us. The conference was wonderful but on one of our short breaks I was standing in line at the bathroom (huge girls bathroom line to paint a picture for ya) and I wasnt really thinking about anything and I started to sing a song. "Come together, right now." I caught myself because Areosmith is not an appropriate artist for a missionary to be singing but then I realize the wife of the general authority is standing in line right next to me....oh gosh, Sister Petersen started singing with me and then we both just froze. haha She probably thinks we are rebellious sister missionaries rockin out in our free time, but that is not the case!! haha Quiet diginty is what we strive for, but me and sister petersen are coming up a little short:)
 
This week we had some pretty cool experiences knocking doors! I love when people are not very nice because they just strengthen my testimony so much! We were knocking a rich area and children answer this door and they see us and just back away like they are scared of us and then the dad comes to the door and we ask to pray with him. He then goes off about how he is a professor and has studied our religion more than any other religion and that he is the last man we want to have that conversation with. He tells us that he has studied our religion more than we have studied it. I wanted to say "did ya pray about it?" haha but there wouldn't be a good outcome to that one! haha But I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that this Gospel is true even if I don't know every little thing about it! I know the way it makes me feel and that is enough. Thank you random professor for helping me realize that. :)
 
Well homies! I love you all and may your Thankgiving fill you spiritually and physically:)
 
Peace out
 
Love, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment