Mar 4, 2014

SNOW!!

Hello Everyone!!

This week here in Oklahoma I received a lot of insight and answers that I had questions to. I didn't necessarily know that I had these questions but when the answers came it was very powerful. I have read many talks about how we have to change our character to become "fit for the kingdom of God" well I thought I was lagging behind big time until someone explained it to me in terms that I would understand. :)

I was sitting in a room explaining to someone why I thought that I wasn't going to the celestial kingdom...haha he continued to ask questions and then asked me to explain the three kingdoms and the qualifications of each of the three. So I went down the list: Telestial, not willing to accept the Atonement and didn't live a very good life. Terrestial, not willing to accpet the Atonement and lived a pretty good life. Celestial, willing to take upon us the Atoning blood of Christ and used the Atonement to change your life. He then asked me where I would go. I responded sarcastically and we laughed for a second but then he went on to explain the following and this is what I got out of it:

If we are trying to progress towards being Christ-like then that is all we need. Crazy huh? It doesn't matter where you are on the scale of progression. The Atonement = Infinity. Well, if you take President Monsons 300 + infinity = it equals infinity. If you take Sister Nieslen -7 + infinity = ready for this....... IT STILL EQUALS INFINITY. Jesus Christ is on top of a skyscraper and we are all blades of grass, it doesn't matter if I am an inch behind the rest because I am still trying to grow.

The snow came and they canceled church...haha. The Torres family was going to go but they will have to wait another week. We talked to Martin and he told us that he wants to attend church 5 times before he is baptized and then he wants to baptize his children the following week. He is such a good dad and I hope that I am here to see them be baptized in April. :)

I love you all! Have a safe and warm week. :) Peace and blessings :)

Love, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment