Mar 17, 2014

SOONER!

Transfer calls came and I am going to the OU campus in Norman....
There has to be some comedy in this because OU has a very very good softball team, and it just so happens to be around that time of the year when the lovely sport is played. haha - Not to mention that is where the Nationals take place...haha
This ward is so great and I am so sad to leave the people that I have met here! I can't even believe it! I have been here for 6 months and then I am leaving in 2 days! Saying goodbye is going to be tough. I cant believe how much this ward has changed since I got here! This area has grown so much and we have seen so many miracles. Our investigators are wonderful and I wouldn't have wanted to serve anywhere else for 4 transfers!
This week I learned a lot about agency. The choices that we make every single day affect us later on. Our Sunday school teacher is amazing and he was talking about how bad decisions sometimes have a quicker affect than the good decisions. For example, our choices in what we eat - a bad choice would be to eat something satisfying and unhealthy and the outcome is that we have that immediate satisfaction, but the consequence is not so great....haha I am not a good example, but this just made a lot of sense to me! The good decision would be to eat something healthy to fuel your body and yes, it might not be as satisfying but the consequence is much better and healthier! He gave this example and a few more like alcohol and drugs etc. and it made me think how Satan has gotten really good at deceiving us! Satan tricks us to think that we are justified in bad choices and then after we have made them, we feel bad about ourselves. It is a cycle of misery. Satan is a tricky one.
Patience with good choices is the point I think I am trying to make. Isn't that the point of long-suffering or enduring to the end?? Sometimes I get down because I don't see a dramatic result, but as long as I am facing the right way, then that's all I need, right?
CTR everything (actions, thoughts, food, toilet paper, etc.)
  
Love, ALISHA DAYLE NIELSEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment