Jun 23, 2014

"Courage brethren and on; ON TO THE VICTORY."

I ate a piece of squirrel last night. haha Check that one off the list. 

Everyone, remember Paul? Hopefully you do, because I don't know what I tell you all about certain things. Because I kind of get lazy at writing emails. 
Paul. He is no longer being taught by us because it would go against what his wife wants. But the killer part is that he knows that the church is true. He studies out of the Book of Mormon and has read the first 19 sections of the Doctrine and Covenants. It kills me that we can't go over anymore and talk to him. I basically poured my heart out to this man and he changed. He is actually a person that I have seen change before my eyes. I am grateful for this experience though because it makes me realize that this can happen and hearts can really change. I was just bearing my simple testimony and he actually listened. Not many people do, and he took it to heart. One day he will get the chance to be baptized and I hope I hear about it in the future. Bro. Ruick is still staying in contact with him and being a wonderful fellow shipper. 

The Gospel is true it has the power to change hearts. Even stubborn ones like mine. haha  God allows us the opportunity to love. But with that comes heartache. It makes me wonder if His heart ever hurts for us down here. I am sure it does because we are a little senseless sometimes and choose to disobey. That would be rough. I think Pres. Uchtdorf mentioned one time that God works with toddlers. haha or something along those lines. That is us. But even though we cause Him some great heartache He still loves us completely. I am not even close to comprehending this love but I have been able to recognize it more in my life. Blessings of a mission. When I don't want to do it anymore (oh it happens more than you know), He strengthens me and helps me push through until the end of the day. I can do all things through Him. 

The Church is true. It can change your life but only if you let it. God loves you, but only if you accept that love will you start to realize it. 

Love you all :) 

Love, Alisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment