Jun 16, 2014

Sweaty, but not shaken

Wow, sometimes it feels like it was yesterday that I was emailing and then sometimes it feels like I haven't been on a computer for decades...haha weird how that all works! 

This week I got my new companion! Her name is Sister Hamm and she is from Ogden, Utah. She has been out for 3 months and she just got done training, so we will get some great insights on how we can help our area. 

We have been biking a lot and I turn into a sweaty monster so it is kind of funny! But the people don't seem to mind. We had the opportunity to have dinner with a less-active family and it was a really cool experience because we were able to talk to them about why they don't attend church. It was a neat experience for me because I have been studying a lot about conversion and how we need to get to a point in our testimonies where others can't shake us. Kind of like Jacob when Korihor came along and he said "I could not be shaken," I think that we all need to get to that point. I think that is a major reason why Heavenly Father wanted me to serve a mission. So I could figure that out, or at least gain more understanding than I had before. 

I hope you all have a great week and I hope that you are doing all you can to strengthen your testimonies every day. 

Love, Alisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment