Jul 7, 2014

"GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Greatest week ever. On the 4th of July our ward got together and played a slow pitch game. Oh my heart aches for softball, but its ok and I will get over it. I was so grateful to play and to relieve some stress. I got to take batting practice after and then some grounders too! The members were just so sweet and they cared so much about me and my love for softball. I could just feel it! That was a huge blessing. 

Earlier this week we were teaching the Blair family about the Restoration we were talking about how Christ set up the church upon the earth and He went forth blessing and healing people. Well Bobbie just added, "I wish that I lived in Christ's time so that He could heal me." (in my head I started to scream for joy) we told her that the message of the restoration is that we now have that same priesthood power on the earth to heal and to bless and to perform miracles just like Christ did. She was shocked and asked how she could find it. We told her that a worthy male could come give her and blessing and that is what happened the next day! The elders came over and explained a little bit more of the priesthood and then they gave her a blessing. I am grateful for the priesthood because as soon as the blessing was over Bobbie explained that way she felt as if Christ was in the room! It was a miracle. I was sitting behind her so she couldn't see me, but there were definitely some fist bumps in the air. haha It was such a neat experience:) 

I was reading Alma 29 this morning and Alma talks about his joy in preaching the gospel and the "fruits" that come from it. I was pondering the fruits that I have seen on my mission and they are not all from seeing investigators change, but many of how we are invited into the homes of members and how happy they are to see us. There have been some members that I will just love forever because of the influence that our testimonies have had on each other! That is one of my favorite fruits! bahaha cheesy missionary humor:) 

Love you all! 

Love, Alisha :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment