Jul 21, 2014

Holding down two areas in a trio!

Transfer news came and I didn't expect to see a lot of changes but, dang I was caught off guard! Our mission is becoming 50% Elders and 50% Sisters but since more sisters are going home than are coming this transfer, crazy things need to happen! So the 3 sets of missionaries in the Moore 1st ward are down to 2, just for this transfer. We will be in a trio with one of the other sisters in our ward so it won't be another shotgunning experience! Let's just say that things are going to be so busy for the next 6 weeks! I am excited! 

I had the chance to study the apostasy this week and I feel like I am only skimming the surface. It blows my mind and it has to be one of my favorite topics to study. I think the reason why I love it so much is because in order to have the fullness of the gospel on the earth, the truth had to be restored. The truth was lost and the more I learn about how ordinances were changed and how corrupt the doctrines became the more my testimony is strengthened about the restoration of the gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith. We claim that divine authority because there is nowhere else you can find it. I have felt of God's love in my life and I know that He loves us enough to return to live with Him. Restoring the gospel to the earth was the only way. We are able to perform ordinances that are essential for exaltation only through the priesthood authority found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

That was my studies for the week folks. I love you all a ton and I know that the church is true :) 

Love, Alisha!


No comments:

Post a Comment