Jul 14, 2014

Things are okay in OK

Hello Hello Hello!!! 

This week has been so busy! We are having a hard time getting everything done but it is ok! haha We had the chance to be a part of a baptism this Saturday! Jordan B. got baptized and then her family came to church to be confirmed. Oh man, talk about an elect child. Jordan is 10 years old and the reason that she wanted to be baptized is, "it will help me get closer to God" I mean isn't that the coolest thing ever. Out of all of the lessons that we taught I am so grateful that was the reason that she got baptized. She was so excited for the whole thing! When she got confirmed she was just beaming! Oh, I am grateful for the whole experience of teaching her and her family :) 

Another miracle that we saw this week was a less active family in church. The McCarthy's have been a tough situation the whole time that I have been here but just recently we have seen a change in their hearts. We were in a lesson with them and usually it is very crazy and kids are yelling and on their phones but I just had to let them know how I was feeling about coming over and teaching them. I told them that we are trying our best to help them but we don't notice anything happening on their part. Towards the end I bore my testimony and I was pretty dang bold. I told them that they weren't happy and that the only way they could be happy is if they had the gospel in their lives. A few tears were shed through my gritted teeth. haha but I guess that is what they needed. I needed it too. 

The gospel is the only way to be happy. Like true happiness and peace, not the fake stuff that is temporary. My testimony was strengthened! It was cool and they came to church.

I love you guys! have a good week! 

Love, Alisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment