Sep 9, 2014

Hello from Harah-(dise)

Hello my friends and family!
 
Saying goodbye to the people in Moore was super tough. I am so grateful for the relationships that were built in the last 6 months that I served there :)
 
The first day in Choctaw was a little rough. The change always makes my anxiety skyrocket through the roof. haha but that is nothing new, but what is new is that I have learned how to control my thoughts and quickly get the worries out of my head. Wednesday night me and my companion were discussing the area and how both of us don't know a lot of people and the area very well. Sister Robison's last companion was sick a lot of the time so they spent a lot of time in the apartment and so the area was affected by that. As she was explaining all of this I quickly felt that the situation was hopeless (thank you anxiety) but soon after I remembered that I had done this before and that I have seen areas that have struggled, but also how I knew that if we work hard as a companionship and include the Lord in our efforts then we can and will see miracles. The anxiety that I felt didn't stand a chance to the spirit letting me know that me and my companion could do hard things through Jesus Christ. I surprised myself when I felt that way! haha I have changed a little bit and I know that everything and anything is possible when we work hard and rely on Jesus Christ.
 
Already we have seen miracles as we show the members that we want to work hard and help them out as a ward. We went to visit a part member family that lives out in the boonies and their gate was open! (I guess their gate is never open so we couldn't visit) We got to meet them and talk to them about the Book of Mormon. The husband has been reading! Miracle :) We set up an appointment to go see them this Friday!
 
I think that you are wonderful :) keep being strong!
 
Love, Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment