Sep 2, 2014

Leaving Eden

Oh family and friends-

I have been called to serve in Choctaw, Oklahoma. I am leaving Moore and all of the people that I love here :) I am so grateful for the relationships that I have been able to build here. I am so lucky that the Lord sent me here and kept me here for 6 months. Saying goodbye to some of these families last night let me see that the Lord sent me here for a reason to meet specific people :) I am so blessed. 

I had the chance to bear my testimony last night to a couple families. I read my favorite scripture to them which happens to be Alma 32:27, it was so wonderful for me to see that when I first read that scripture it meant a whole lot to me because I felt like I only "believed" and that was ok, because the Lord could help me turn that belief into a knowledge. I made the connection that I can now say that I "know" that this church is true and all of the teachings that comes with it. I know that we have a Father in Heaven that truly cares about us individually. I know that we can change through the atonement of Jesus Christ and I know that because I have seen it take place in my life. Not only have I seen the change in others around me but I have seen it in myself. I want to be more like Jesus Christ and I know that is possible if I follow Him. 

I love you all. You are all pretty cool :) have a great week :) 

Love, Sister Nielsen

No correlation between the "Leaving Eden" title of the post and the snake that she is holding. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment