Jul 15, 2013

"Prayin for Rain"


Alright folks!
 
I am in Elgin Oklahoma! tiny place! No Wal-Mart so we have to drive 30 minutes to do our shopping!
 
We are the first missionaries to be here so we are "opening up" this area or we call it shot gunning! The people here are so great and I love them so much! The members are so helpful and I think they like us! I mean we have some dinner dates and someone calls about everyday to see how they can help.
 
It is hard to start off in a new area because we don't have anyone to teach. We have been visiting the less active members and getting to know the active ones and then tracting a whole lot! but is doesn't work very well because everyone already belongs to a church and they think we are Jehovah's Witness. Frustrating because they don't give us the time of day.
 
So how tract here is that we ask them to pray with us and usually they say yes but not here! They say that they are catholic or Baptist and then we try to give them a card or something and they refuse. I mean there is a lot more to it than that but honestly we cant get through to anyone. discouraging
 
My companion is sister Johnson from St. George! she is Native American and I love her! she is wonderful and we work hard. we try to be exactly obedient and just get to work! she has been out 10 months!
 
My anxiety is the worst! I honestly would not wish it upon even my greatest enemies. Because it is so slow and we face a lot of rejection I feel awful. And then I think that I am going to feel awful for my whole mission and that is rough. But I am praying a lot and I have been good for the last couple days. Pray is the way!
 
I love you guys a lot and I hope everything is going great!
 
Love you!
 
Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment