Jul 2, 2013

Yay for P-Day!

We got an e-mail from Alisha today. It was so good to hear from her. She makes us laugh, which is one of the reasons we miss her so much. Here's a bit from her letter:

Hola!
I am now a spanish speaking missionary. Just kidding! I am so thankful that I dont have to learn a language. Thank goodness.

My companions (Yes two now) are sister anderson and sister petersen. cuties. sister anderson is from roy odgen area and sister petersen is from gunison or price! this key board is freaking dumb. I dont know how to use it. The keys are all messed up and i am about to pull my hair out. Its fine. They both have elders. one is going to korea and the other is in argentina. we talk about them sometimes but not while we are supposed to be studying. we talk about it at the appropriate time so that we can prepare and feel the spirit in order to teach.

Teaching lessons is great. plus hard at the same time. its so cool though how the spirit will tell you exactly what to say when you need to say it. We have taught about 5 lessons so far and so we are getting the hang of things hopefully.

Dad, I had gym last night and i beat the boys in basketball. twice. thank you. before i won the second time an elder was right behind me and he said that he felt bad for me because he was going to get me out. shut up dude. got him out. then i left while i was ahead and went running. but it was nice to hear the elders cheering sister nielsen. haha take that elders.
 
I love you all and I hope that you are doing great. good work mom and the boys for the 5k. you are great. sorry this email is a mess but honestly i think it is in spanish mode or something stupid.

I know that the lord is there for us all the time. even when you get upset at people for stupid reasons like when they tell us that we should wear make up so that we wont look like men in skirts. no one told me that but in one of the dress code talks i was getting a little frustrated with how they said some things. obedience is the key. obey. and you will be blessed. anywho, the lord loves us all despite our short comings. and he knows us all individually. I love him and all that he has done for me.
 
love sista nielsen
I can't wait to hear her voice next Tuesday when she calls from the airport! The people in Oklahoma are going to love this girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment