Jan 21, 2014

As the days go by...

(Sister Nielsen was not able to get online yesterday because the library was closed for MLK day)

Hello Everyone :)
 
This week has gone by really fast! We have been biking like crazy and I think that helps a lot. I love biking. I want to bike forever. The world is my canvas...haha just kidding but I honestly love looking like a goob with a skirt on and riding a bike! It is the best!
 
This week we were able to meet with Beth again and the lesson went really well and she has been reading, but she made a comment that she loves learning about other peoples beliefs and then next time we come over she will share some of hers...wooohooo haha hopefully when she is reading this week she will be changed in a twinkling of an eye and want to be baptized. haha but I love that woman. she makes me laugh every time we go over to her house.
 
One of our wonderful members set up a time to teach one of her co-workers and this member is the best. Her husband died a little over a year ago and she is going to be sealed to him this Saturday. She has said that this year has been really rough for her but it has really increased because of her sharing the gospel. She has prayed for those moments and they have been given to her. Such a wonderful lady and the lesson went so well! The co-worker does not live in our area but we will be pleased to give different missionaries a solid referral :)
 
This week I finished 3 Nephi and it has to be one of my favorite books. One thing really stuck out to me was that "endure" is an action word. I would think about endure and think about sitting in a chair while your little brother is poking you...haha nope, that is not what enduring really means. We are supposed to act in faith and that helps us endure, we all have trials and our patience will be tested but we need to make sure that we have the means to endure those trails and that is where our faith and strong testimonies come in :)
 
Have a great week:) I love you all:)
 
Love, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment