Jan 27, 2014

Rollercoasters

Hello People:)
 
I just want to let you know that life is hard and wonderful at the same time. And then it is magnified to a million percent when you are on your mission. The ups are clear and the heck up there and you feel like you are on top of the world! But there is opposition in all things and as high as those ups are there are going to be lows to match them. Congrats Sister Nielsen! Welcome to Oklahoma! haha Who signed me up for this?? I am just kidding around because I know how much I have grown out here and I have seen the difference in myself but I guess I didn't realize the amount of hard work it would take. And it is non stop. I am grateful for everything I have learned and I know that I am supposed to be here because it has made me stronger than I was before.
 
This week had its highs and lows! The highs were great so let me just share this skyscraper with ya! We were on exchanges and I was with Hermana Mitchell, we were over at the Torres' home and Bishop Poling came with us. He was the right man for the job because he is so kind hearted and right away he let the (father) know how much he cares about him and offered him a job! Amazing. The kids were crazy and the lesson was all over the place. We didnt teach really anything...haha but the spirit was there. We talked about his experiences that he has had and how he wants to be a good father. I asked him if he would be baptized and he was holding a baby in his arms and didn't even look at me. The other kids were going crazy but the spirit was so strong as he told us that he would be baptized. Never have I felt the spirit so strong in a lesson. And it was in the middle of complete chaos. The spirit testifies of truth and if this gospel wasn't true then there is no way that the spirit would have been present in all that mess!
 
I am grateful to be here :) I need to learn a whole lot more before I leave and that is why I am blessed to serve a whole 18 months:)
 
Love you all :)
 
Love, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment