Aug 11, 2014

8-11-14

Hello everyone!

This week was great! My added stress with the extra area has gone down a bit because I realized that Sister Nielsen is not the best at relying on the Lord. So I tried to do better this week. I stopped worrying about the little things and tried harder to listen to the spirit. I rely on the arm of the flesh a ton, and I think that I needed this added stress of an additional area to let me see that weakness because I can't do it on my own. The Lord gives us stumbling blocks but in all honesty if I can better rely on the Lord this will help me throughout my whole life! I was very grateful to notice that and see this as a chance for me to improve rather than be stressed out all of the time! We are given opportunities to grow so that we can one day be strong enough to live with God again :) 

Yesterday in Sunday school we were discussing the question of if there is a God and how we knew that. I thought about it for a little bit and we were asked to write it down on a piece of paper. I wrote it in my journal so I wouldn't forget. I know that there is a God because I am different from every other person on this planet. But He knows me and He knows what is best for me and most of the time I can only see that when I am looking back at the trials that I have faced. I am so grateful that I have a Father in Heaven that wants me to reach my fullest potential.

We are  teaching and preaching every day! We have a lot of appointments but it is a huge blessing :) One lady that we are teaching is Lisa C. We shared a Mormon message with her, "The Hope of Gods Light." If you haven't seen that one, it is very great and Lisa loved it too. She told us that her life has been really rough for 10 years and that she is tired. Every time she does something right a million other things go wrong. This message was super great for her and we listen to the spirit to adapt to her needs. God doesn't always answer our prayers when we want them to be answered but the answer does come. Peace does come! We just have to keep hoping for it and noticing it along the way :) 

Keep up the good work :) I love you all! 

I would love to make a shout out to my wonderful pops. He is turning the big 51 tomorrow! I love you Dad! 

-Love, Sister Nielsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment