Aug 18, 2014

Rotten smells and shirtless men

About around the middle of the week I started to get a whiff of sweaty boy and I kept thinking that I needed to apply more deodorant or spray more body spray or something but the smell would come and go. I bathe daily as directed in the white handbook and I wash my clothes frequently because I don't like to smell like a sweaty boy! Well I kept smelling the stink periodically and then I figured out what it was. My ear is infected. hahaha it smells rotten. So I am not wearing earrings for a little bit so that it can heal and start smelling normal. I feel bad for all of the people that I have hugged and they have gotten a whiff of my infected ear. haha I even made my companions smell my ears. I will include the picture! haha they put up with a lot :)

We have seen a lot of miracles this last week. It started off with dropped appointments but the Lord needed us elsewhere and so we would go to our back up plans and they were who we needed to see that day! Planning has a purpose :) One of the miracles we saw was yesterday when one of appointments fell through with a recent convert, we decided to go check on a referral and we found their address and as we were coming down the road I could see a man with his shirt off standing there with his wife, both smoking cigarettes, secretly I was hoping that we weren't being referred to their home so that we could avoid that awkwardness but they were the people we were supposed to see. We got out of the car and I asked "are you Tom and Frita?" they replied and said yes and I told them "We were told to come give you all a visit" they laughed and told us that they had just taken a break from packing up their home and how we had just caught them in the act of smoking. They welcomed us into their home and we talked about our beliefs and their beliefs. The spirit was there so strong as they told us about how they lost their daughter in February but how they believe that she is in a better place. They agreed to have us come back and teach them about the plan of happiness :) cool moments like this that seem so awkward that turn out to be so wonderful are the things that keep me going :) tender mercy!

I love the opportunities that I have been given to serve in Oklahoma :) The Lord knows what I need and so He is there to help me along the way :) I love you all and I hope that you have a good week :) 

Love, Sister Nielsen 


No comments:

Post a Comment