Aug 25, 2014

Midnight Snack

Hello Everyone!

Saturday night I woke up around 1:37 not feeling too good but I laid in bed for a little bit! I was on fire and I felt like something was eating me alive. I ended up getting out of bed and filling out the rest of the area book and catching up on writing in my journal. I stayed up till 4 because I was scared that there was a monster in my bed...haha but I got too tired to care. I woke up in the morning with bite marks all over my neck and arms. I went to ward council and I talked to the Relief Society President about if she knew what kind of bug bites they were, she thought spider. I thought "yes, I am so glad that I am sharing a bed with a spider." haha we went home and I pulled back the covers to beat that spider for affecting my sleep. But I didn't see a spider, instead I saw little baby red fire ants. I was a midnight snack to some fire ants, but they are no longer taking residence in my bed :) Sorry little baby red fire ants! 

This week I had the chance to have an interview with my seven foot tall mission president. Good thing the interview takes place sitting down because I think that my neck would be sore if I had to stand.... haha I took a lot away from the interview and I feel like my whole mission has been changed. President talked to me about how my view has changed since I have been here and how we need to constantly strive to change the way we view everything. Do we see the way that Christ sees? I have never though of that before so when I heard this insight from President Walkenhorst it really made me want to see more like Christ sees.  

I mean think about it, if we learned to look at things the way that Christ looks at things then we would have a greater appreciation for things, a greater love for those around us, and a better knowledge of who we are and who we can become. 

I want to change and grow in a way that I can understand who I am and what my potential is, because with that you can accomplish anything. I know that I am a daughter of God and that I can live with Him and my family again. But I also have the potential to be like Him. I hope to grow so that I have a stronger and firmer knowledge of this that can be with me always, not just when I am writing in my journal or reading my scriptures or bearing my testimony, because that is easy to know then. I want to be able to go through hard things and then have a reassurance of what I can become and that everything that I go through was given to me to help me get there. 

I love you all dearly and I hope that you don't have any encounters with red fire ants this week :) 

Love, Sister Nielsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment