Aug 4, 2014

August!

I am probably the most uninformative email writer there has ever been on the planet. I am sorry, but just to let you all know. I type probably 20 words a minute. (how and I going to survive in this technological world?) So I will just tell you that I am a lazy email writer. Forgive me :) 

Running the two areas has worn me thin. I mean I could be thinner :) haha I have had the chance to teach a whole lot of lessons and I have never been so spiritually tired in my life. I am grateful for that, though, because I love to testify and the spirit that comes when we speak of truth. Inviting someone to be baptized is probably my all time favorite thing and we have had the chance to do it twice so far this transfer. I don't think I fully understand what it means to be a representative of Jesus Christ, but when you ask people to change and come unto Christ the spirit that is in the room or even in your heart has to be one of my favorite feelings. I am so grateful that I have the chance to experience that every single day. I don't want that to ever leave. 

We are teaching about 9 people right now and they are all progressing. Talk about miracles. I have seen the Lord's hand so much in these last couple of weeks because we were asked to work a little bit harder. The Lord provides; I just need to trust in Him a whole lot more. If we are doing all that we can, the Lord will bless us. We will not be cut short of the blessings that we will receive. I know that Heavenly Father wants to bless us as much as He can. 

A quote that I read this week just really got me. Sometimes I expect to go throughout life and have it easy and then expect to be exalted on top of that. "How can you and I expect to glide through life as if to say "Lord, give me experience, but not grief, but not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences which made Thee what Thou art! Then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share thy joy."" -Neil A. Maxwell. We are given experiences that will "condition" us for the Celestial Kingdom. My mission has been a lot of spiritual conditioning and I am so grateful for that because I want to live comfortably with my Father in Heaven again. 

I hope that you will all be able to see the Lord's hand in your life this week :) 

Love, Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment