Oct 14, 2014

Happy (day after) Columbus Day!

Can I let you all know of an experience that I just had? haha well here it is. I am sitting here emailing and there is a young man that smells heavily of cologne, almost to the point where I might be intoxicated by the time that I leave. Well I am sitting here and breathing in the fumes and I move a little bit and get a whiff of my smelly ear. bahaha I don't know what is better. My infected earring hole or young men that are cologne happy! Thought you all would like to know :)
 
This week was wonderful :) I think that I really found joy in the work. Just because of the companionship I am in, I have the opportunity to bear my testimony about my mission frequently and I am so grateful for that. I know that God's hand is in the little things of our lives. Even down to the companionship that I am in :) I am grateful for my time to serve.
 
This time that I have been reading through the Book of Mormon I have tried to notice anytime that the author states what they know. I love to tell people what I know to be true and as I have been reading through 1st and 2nd Nephi it is very powerful the things that him and his family know. Basically I love to read through their testimonies.
 
On fast Sunday, Brother Robar got up to bear his testimony and I loved it because it was about an experience that he and his wife had when they came out teaching with us and I am so glad that he shared it because it helped me to see the light in a rough situation that we had. On Friday, we went to go see two men that were not really interested in hearing the gospel as much as they wanted to tear us down. We were not able to share any of our message but you better believe that we didn't leave that place without bearing testimony about Jesus. Brother Robar brought up the fact that these two men did not testify of Christ but they were too wound up in logic and facts and proving that we were wrong. It was just great to know that the knowledge that I have is far greater than all of the facts you could ever have. I know that Christ lives and loves all of us because of the way that I have seen my life change through seeking His guidance in my life. He is always there but sometimes we don't show up because of the way we choose to live our life. I hope to always live in a way where I constantly want to be closer to my Savior.
 
I love all ya'll! haha have a blessed day :)
 
Love, Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment