Oct 6, 2014

"Go to work"

Hey Hey Hey! 
 
Conference was wonderful! I hope that you all got to watch some of it. As I was listening to the Saturday morning session I really noticed the topic of being spiritually self reliant. I loved that, because as the days get a little bit more trying we are going to need to know where we stand and why. I am so grateful for the chance I have had to learn why I believe different aspects of the gospel, because that has helped me with my overall testimony that I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ. I know my Savior a little bit better because I have had to learn who He is to me instead of who He is to those around me. Elder Christoffersen said "Go to work," when he was talking about spiritual independence. We need to prepare now so that we can be strong enough to help those around us gain an understanding of where they should be firmly planted when the Savior will come. 
 
My favorite talk was by Elder Robbins, and how he talked about the way that we face. Do we face the Lord or do we face the world. Then he talked about how some try to bend themselves against the Lord's standards - that won't work. When we raise our standards to the Lord's standards, that is when we build our own testimonies and have the chance to really improve instead of being satisfied and comfortable. Sometimes satisfied and comfortable causes us to coast with little to no improvement. 
 
This week was wonderful, along with watching conference we also got to see "Meet the Mormons." What a wonderful missionary tool! Hopefully you all get the chance to see it too! 
 
I hope that October is treating you well :)
 
Love you!
 
Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment