Oct 27, 2014

SOMEBODY!

Funny story to share. The day after my birthday the Culpeppers had us over for dinner. The Culpeppers live with their daughter Sister Bowers and they are getting up there in age. I think that they are 93. haha but anyways we were eating dinner and they kept asking questions like "what is the big occasion?" because I guess they never eat in their dining room. and Sister Bowers would explain to them that it was my birthday and all the grand stuff. haha but the best part was that they went to sing happy birthday to me and Brother Culpepper was singing the loudest and sang, "happy birthday to.........somebody. happy birthday to you." and then went on to eat his ice cream while all the rest of us were just dying of laughter. Old people are the best :) 
 
This week we were able to visit a less active family that has not been able to make it to the temple yet. It was a huge blessing because as we were eating dinner with them they brought it up. So they invited us back this week so we can help them reach their goal of going to the temple. It was great to see how this is the Lord's works. Missionary work is not always bringing someone new to the gospel but maybe inviting someone back. We are doing the Lord's work and we will do what He wants done :) 
 
I know that what I am doing is where I am supposed to be. Every day my testimony is strengthened and my relationship with the Savior grows stronger. I am grateful for the blessings that I have received all throughout life. I know that when we do what the Lord expects of us, He promised us blessings :) 
 
LOVE YOU ALL!
Love, Sister Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment