May 5, 2014

GOOD. BETTER. BEST.

"Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better"

This quote was said at our adult session of stake conference this last week and it really stuck with me. Giving up something good for something better sounds like it would be pretty easy right? I mean if you think about it, of course you would want to do the better thing! If you wanted a single scoop ice cream cone that would be good, but a double scoop dipped in chocolate with nuts and a cherry on top would be better. (Not better for you, but better nonetheless) 

So I was thinking about this and wondering how we can become 'Better" and then voila! the Doctrine of Christ allows this in our life. Let's give an example of Sister Nielsen praying every single night. That is good and wonderful but maybe she just goes through the motions and checks things off a list when she prays? It is still good, but what would be better? If Sister Nielsen sincerely talked to Heavenly Father and let Him know of her desires and concerns and then she gave Him the chance to reply. This is just an example, but what good things are we holding back that could be better? I have a ton of things. So this week I have been working on my prayers. :) 

"It doesn't matter the speed, but the direction" It might take my whole mortal life to become better, (It for sure will, and then some), but it doesnt matter how fast I become better but it matters what direction I am going. Because if it was a race or about speed, we all know that I would lose because I am dang slow. :) 

I love you all. I hope that you have a great week :) Happy 2 years to Erika and Trevor :) and Happy 12th birthday to Evan :) 

"The church is not a museum of perfect saints, but a laboratory for learning saints" 

Love, Alisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment