Dec 30, 2013

Murry Christmas!

Ladies and Gentlemen!
 
Christmas was the best! We had members take us in and take such good care of us! I can't believe how much kindness was shown to the missionaries! We were so blessed!
 
So on to my favorite part of Christmas...it had to be the phone call home. Who has the greatest family of all? This sister missionary does. I love you family and I care about you a lot! Thank you for talking to me :) haha mom and dad you are the best and you are honestly my best friends... I was thinking about that after I hung up the phone and something I remembered was from a really important and cool blessing that I got my senior year, which told me that my parents would be my best friends. It is true. Couldn't ask for better parents :)
 
This week I read over the conference talks from this past conference and the Sunday morning session is my favorite. It is so focused on the Atonment and how we can be made strong through it if we accept it in our lives. Then I read another talk about believing that Christ is our Savior. That He can and will make up the rest. I loved reading that because sometimes I stress about not being a good enough missionary.... ya it's real! haha but if I am really doing the best that I can, then Christ will make up the rest. A little while ago I told my mom that I couldn't make it to the Celestial Kingdom, I was just joking with her but it has been a real concern because I AM NOT PERFECT. But this talk helped me understand that I can't be "celestial material" unless I accept the Atonement into my life. We were given the gift to change and want to change and then after all we can do, we will be made perfect :)
 
I love you all. Especially you family:) You take care and I hope that you have a Happy New Year :)
 
Love, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment